Milestone Creator Dwayne McDuffie has Died

I don't often repost news articles here, but I'm making an exception because I'm absolutely stunned by this news: Milestone Creator Dwayne McDuffie has Died (CBR).

I'm a huge fan of the Milestone books, as well as McDuffie's Marvel comics (Deathlok, FF) and animation work (Static Shock, Justice League Unlimited, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien). I often read his message board, linked in the sidebar, where he patiently answers detailed questions from young "Ben 10" fans. His adaptation of "All-Star Superman" comes out on DVD today, and he approved new series of "Static" and "Xombi" coming from DC later this year. I was planning to review "All-Star Superman" anyway, so I'll probably have more to say then, but for now I'm blown away.

Edited to add: DC's official statement is here, and CBR is collecting memories from McDuffie's colleagues here.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear of Mr. McDuffie;s passing. I was always a fan of "Damage Control" and his work in animation. Condolences to his family and friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robert Kirkman: Invincible, Walking Dead, Wolf-Man

more random readings from May 2009

Best descriptive 2013 title: Vampire Vixens of the Wehrmacht