They Said it Better: Xombi #1

I was a huge fan of Milestone comics in their heyday, and of all the attempts to revive them since. So it won't surprise you, especially those of you who know me, that I loved the new Xombi #1. It felt to me as if the book had never stopped, yet it had everything in it a new reader needs to know.

But don't take my word for it. After all, I admit I was predisposed to love this book. Listen instead to San Francisco retailer Brian Hibbs, who says that he hasn't liked a lot of comics lately. His comments also have a comic book store spin on them, which is appropriate for the community from whence this blog sprung. (Yes, I just used "whence" and "sprung" in a sentence, apparently. Deal with it.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert Kirkman: Invincible, Walking Dead, Wolf-Man

more random readings from May 2009

Best descriptive 2013 title: Vampire Vixens of the Wehrmacht